In order to qualify for hospital transport, we need written confirmation from your GP or another community clinician stating:
- The medical reasons why you are restricted from travelling by public or private transport
- How the reasons stated restrict you
Please note that we do not provide transport for patients attending the A&E department; hospital transport is available only if you are attending booked clinical appointments and meet the criteria set out above.
For further information, please contact the transport department on 020 7566 2208/9.
If you are on any of the benefits listed below, we will be able to reimburse your travel costs using our hospital travel cost scheme (HTCS). Please note that we can only reimburse you for the cheapest form of transport available.
- Income-based job seekers allowance
- Guaranteed pension credit income support
- Tax credit exemption certificate, HC2 or HC3
- Income related employment support allowance
Please bring the following items with you to enable us to process your claim as quickly as possible:
- A valid benefit document dated within the last year
- A ticket or receipt showing proof of cost of travel
- Your appointment letter
Escort fares are reimbursed if the patient is registered sight or severely sight impaired or registered disabled. Proof of disability must be produced at time of the claim.
A fuel allowance upon receipt may be payable at 20 pence per mile. Parking costs up to £8.00 per day upon receipt.